Well, I arrived in Hanoi yesterday.
It's a year since I was last here and not much has changed. There are still millions of motorbikes, probably less bicycles and more cars than last year. The lakes are beautiful and so far the weather is quite mild.
My friend Yung, who was born in Vietnam, arranged for me to meet her cousin, Luong, who took me out for some beers and Vietnamese food last night. It was great to meet some locals, particularly since I was feeling a bit jet lagged and homesick having just arrived!
I will be visiting my new school this afternoon to observe some lessons and find my way around.
Meanwhile, I need to get a mobile phone and an apartment organised...
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
'Less' bicycles... and you teach which language?! :p
So pleased to hear you've arrived safely. Martina and I will raise a glass in good luck for your new trip in our pre-Christmas meal today.
I'm sure you'll let us know how your first day goes!
xxxx
Trip? I meant job!
Post a Comment